(As written for On The Coast Families)
Over the last few years fashion trends have evolved and adapted to accommodate the ever changing economy and climate. This has included wearing linen year round, combining your “high end” and “low end” fashion together, wearing gold, sliver and rose gold accessories together and more recently wearing metallics and luxe pieces of a day!
For many, the mindset of “good” pieces worn casually, or “metallics” and “night time” pieces worn during daylight can be a challenge. We are here to help guide you through these mind blocks and give you the confidence to make the most out of your entire wardrobe with confidence.
Below is the lowdown for making the most out of the luxe items in your wardrobe!
– Raid your after 5 accessories and team them back with a
blouse tee and maxi skirt or summer dress and denim jacket to give them a “luxe for less” look when going out for coffee or running errands.
– Don’t save your “expensive” or “good” pieces for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion, so enjoy the beautiful pieces you worked hard for and make the most of them.
– If investing in a “luxe” item, consider cost per wear…
If a $150 dress is worn twice in a season, it is an expensive piece to purchase however, if said dress is worn 10 times, it becomes a $15 dress.
– Just because something is shiny, blingy, has sequins, or “dressy” doesn’t mean it is for night-time! Wear your luxe pieces of a day teamed back with denim for a casual look. i.e a sequin tee, with a pair of linen pants and a metallic sandal is more than acceptable for a brunch date.
– Remove the mind set that “it is a good piece, so can’t be worn to everyday outings”. Beautiful pieces of fashion are there to be enjoyed, so get them out as much as possible.
– Don’t be afraid to team luxe pieces back with budget items! Style does not discriminate against budget. As Stylists we are always mixing Brands to create the desired outfit.
– Play with metallic in your make up. A soft sweep of a metallic eyeshadow is a fabulous way to bring a little ‘glamour’ to your day-to-day look. (Just don’t go too heavy handed and it will look appropriate)
– Metallic sandals or a sneaker with a metallic finish is a wonderful way to add some luxe to your existing wardrobe, so if you don’t have any luxe items in your closet invest in some comfortable, metallic footwear.
TIP: when it comes to metallics, ensure you pick a shade such as gold, silver, rose gold, pewter that is appropriate for your colour palette as it will ensure it will go with majority of your wardrobe and energise you.
We hope this inspires you to pull your luxe pieces out, style them up and let them see the daylight this spring and remember what Sam always says…”You can never be overdressed, only inappropriately dressed.”
Sam & Jordi Woods x